BUCKNICKS FAVORITE (CHINESE) CHICKEN SALAD
Sue Buckner. Gary Pevnick. To us they are the Bucknicks. Sue distilled
this recipe out of a few different ones. It has a wonderful crunchiness
and is a big hit with the kids. For a less caloric melange, substitute
bean sprouts for the rice sticks.
1. Marinate 8-10 boned and skinned half chicken breasts
in 1/2 c. soy sauce and 1/2 c. sugar. Four hours at room temperature or
overnight in the refrigerator. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool.
1/3 c. soy sauce
2-1/2 T . raw sugar
3/4-1 c. light sesame oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
Grated fresh ginger to taste or 1 t. black
1/2 c. rice vinegar
Mix together and refrigerate.
3. Shred 2-2-1/2 heads iceberg lettuce. Slice up 8-10
4. Prepare 1 package rice sticks according to package
5. Lightly toast 1 small package sliced almonds and 1/2
c. sesame seeds.
6. Toss it all together in an enormous bowl. You may
add a tablespoon or more of the sesame oil, if desired. ENJOY!