3 pounds chicken, cut up
4 T. butter or margerine
2 T. flour
Dash ground cloves
1-1/2 c. orange juice (preferably fresh)
1/4 t. Tabasco
1/2 c. finely chopped almonds
1/2 c. raisins
1 orange, sectioned
1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt.
2. Brown the chicken in the butter in a skillet. Remove the pieces and
3. To the drippings in the skillet, add the flour, 1/4 t. salt and spices.
Stir to a smooth paste. Add the orange juice and Tabasco and cook, stirring
constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Add the chicken pieces, together with the almonds and raisins. Cover
and simmer over low heat until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
Add orange sections for the last five minutes of cooking time.
5. Remove the chicken to a warmed serving platter and spoon some of the
sauce over it. Serve with remaining sauce and hot cooked rice.