GRANDMA HOLZMAN'S CHICKEN
From Jac's paternal grandmother.
1 large fryer, cut up
1 c. matzoh meal
1/2 c. boiling water
1. Make a mixture of the matzoh meal and various spices.
2. Dredge chicken pieces in the mixture, thoroughly coating each piece.
3. Brown in butter in a heavy frying pan. (Chicken should be very brown
4. Transfer pieces to a baking dish.
5. To the residue left in the frying pan, add 1/2 c. boiling water, stirring
constantly. Throw in an extra tablespoon of the matzoh meal mixture. You
should end up with a rich-looking brown sauce. Pour over chicken pieces.
Cover with foil. Bake for one hour at 350°.
Note: I've used a whole chicken cut-up plus some extra breast and
thighs. There was still enough of the mixture for dredging.