BERRY CAKE ESPECIALLY FOR KIRK
1/4 c. raw sugar
1/3 c. wholewheat pastry flour
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 c. wholewheat pastry flour
1/2 c. raw sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. butter or margarine, melted and cooled
2 c. fresh blueberries or unthawed frozen blueberries
1. Set oven for 375 degrees.
2. Make topping by mixing sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. With
fork, cut in butter; set aside.
3. Make cake batter by mixing together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking
soda; set aside.
4. Beat egg, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth; stir in butter. Add
to flour mixture and beat with spoon until almost smooth.
5. Spread batter in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Sprinkle evenly with blueberries;
top with topping.
6. Bake about 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and cake
begins to pull away from sides of pan.
7. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
About 8 servings