1 pound round steak
1/4 pound veal
1/4 pound fresh pork
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. fine dry bread crumbs
2 T. minced onion
3 T. butter
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T. flour
3/4 c. light cream
1. Have butcher grind meats, or force through food chopper 3 or 4 times,
using medium blade.
2. Combine egg, milk and bread crumbs; let stand for a few minutes.
3. Brown onion in 1 T. butter.
4. Combine soaked crumbs, meat, salt and pepper. Mix with spoon or hand
until smooth. Shape into 3 dozen balls about 1 - inch in diameter.
5. Brown in remaining butter. Pour off most of fat. Sprinkle meat balls
with flour, and shake pan. Add 1 c. hot water. Cover, and simmer 35-40
minutes. Add cream, and heat (do not boil). Serve meatballs with the gravy.